Before starting purifier or any other machinery,first check and observe the machinery for lub oil level, is there any job going on with that machinery,brake is free, no obstruction nearby,check for leaks around the machinery etc.
If you are starting the purifier first and fore most
check the valve line up on your own.
check the operating water tank level.
ensure before purifier filter is cleaned and purged properly.
Starting the Purifier
1. Ensure valves are open, the lines are set from settling tank to service tank.
2. Start the purifier feed pump with the 3-way re-circulation valve in a position leading to settling tank.
3. Open the steam to the heater slightly ensuring the drains are open so that the condensate drains. close the drains once steam appears.
4. Start the Purifier.
5. Check for vibrations, check the gear case for noise and abnormal heating.
6. Note the current (amps) during starting. It goes high during starting and then when the purifier bowl picks-up speed and when it reaches the rated speed, the current drawn drops to normal value.
7. Ensure the feed inlet temperature has reached optimum temperature for separation as stated in the Bunker report and nomogram ( bunker delivery note gives the density of the fuel and using this we can get the separation temperature and gravity disc size from the nomogram)
8. Now check whether the bowl has reached the rated speed by looking at the revolution counter. The revolution counter gives the scaled down speed of the bowl. The ratio for calculation can be obtained from the manual.
9. Now, after the bowl reaching the rated RPM, check for the current attaining its normal value.